Monday, August 20, 2012

Recognizing the Need for A Plan

The deadline for the end of my self-imposed summer challenge is the end of August, and my guest room/office actually looks worse than it did when I started:


The process of organizing it seems daunting; making it a nice, decorated place to be seems impossible.  One thing is certain: there's too much stuff in here.  I'm finding homes for the furniture I can't use, and will donate the rest to my favorite new Phoenix discovery, the Habitat for Humanity store.

Once the extra things are removed there's still a lot of stuff, though, so I turned again to Urban Barn's Room Planner to create this streamlined plan.


I have most of the basics, minus a correctly-sized dresser and rug...but there's a long way to go still until it looks like that plan.  Getting the excess junk out of there did help move the project forward, though...at least in half of the room.


2 comments:

  1. Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one behind on the summer challenge! I'm not sure if the end of August deadline is going to happen for me. Anyway, I love the layout you have planned for the room. I've never heard of the Urban Barn room planner site - I'm going to have to try it out for my next room makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room planner takes awhile to set up because of all the necessary measurements, but it's totally addicting - and you can actually pick from actual products if you really want to see how it will all look.

    At least we'll be together on creating our own Summer/Autumn challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete