Sunday, August 5, 2012

Peek-A-Boo Picture

I'm home from my trip to Cuba, and am having a hard time settling back into my normal routine.  After seeing true poverty it's overwhelmingly humbling to worry about things like paint colors, and a full week without internet or cell phones was a nice break...but until I can get back to Cuba for another visit I'll keep on living my life here.

Since August is already flying by, I decided I'd better get to work on that guest room project I picked as my summer challengeWith the walls painted, the next step was to use some great wall art I'd bought over a year ago at Ross.  It's printed onto contact paper-like adhesive that sticks to the wall without ruining the paint, and I loved its abstract approach to mapping out the U.S.


I picked out an unexpected perfect spot for it: behind the Murphy bed.  I have big plans for the other walls in the guest room/office, so this hideaway makes it a special feature for when guests come to stay.


Hawaii seems to have slipped a little...correctly placing it was harder than it looked!


I brought home a few trinkets from Cuba to add to the travel theme of this room...hopefully it will serve as motivation to finish it before the end of the month!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I can't wait to see what you brought back from Cuba and to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete