Thursday, August 9, 2012

If They Can Do It, So Should I

I have absolutely no inspiration about my yard.  Zip. Zilch. Nada.  It's hot, things are wilty or even dead, and I can't bring myself to endure the heat long enough to do anything about it.

I'm assuming I'm not the only one in this predicament, so I brought back a few photos of perfect Cuban yards to share as inspiration.  Oh sure, they have that whole tropical, everything-grows-without-watering-it benefit, but since I have things like running water and Home Depot I think it evens the playing field.

Here are a few of my favorites from the road trips through Cuban countrysides:



The roadside store even had vinca happily blooming!


This was in Colon Cemetery, not someone's front yard, but I loved it.  I wonder what my neighbors would do if I followed their not-so-subtle suggestions about trimming the hedges and made my yard look like this?


No comments:

Post a Comment