Monday, June 11, 2012

Sunny Side Up

I created a mood board for my sophisticated bedroom decor months ago, but have done absolutely nothing to make it happen.  I've been focused on parts of the house that visitors see...and since I'm so tired from working on things like baseboards and bookshelves that I just collapse into sleep, making the bedroom restful doesn't seem like a priority.  I did splurge on gorgeous grey and yellow linens at Target, though, and am quite proud of myself. 

I started with this.  Boring, boring, boring.  The white duvet from IKEA without a cover on it is so lame that not even pretty accent pillows could make it better.


Not to mention the fact that it's not quite long enough...and I'm not someone who appreciates daily viewings of both the box spring and the duvet tag.


The new and improved bedding is much more soothing!  After months of coveting this duvet cover from West Elm,


I opted for this one from Target instead:


The pintuck duvet got mixed reviews about how long it endures before the pintucks come undone, and I liked the sleek look of the Target option.  I paired it with the yellow sheet set I've ogled for months (once it got the Young House Love stamp of approval I knew I really and truly had to have it).

Now I have my dream color combination of grey and yellow to lull me into sleep and greet me in the morning.   Hopefully it's enough to keep me from noticing the paint splotches on the wall and all the work that remains before that room is finished.



2 comments:

  1. I love gray and yellow! I love that brand of sheets from Target too. I like the thick elastic and they seem to stay on the corners really well. The bedroom is looking better, I can't wait to see the next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad to hear the sheets hold up - I sure like them so far.

      Delete