Monday, May 21, 2012

Things That Make You Say "Wow"

1) I'm writing this blog post from 36,000 feet in the air. I thought wi-fi enabled planes were the end of that coveted and rare occurence: uninterrupted reading time. But after I discovered that flight complications will keep me in the air for something like seven hours today, interruptions seemed welcome. My activities keep getting interrupted by a banner telling me how long I still have in the air. Thank you for the painfully slow countdown, Southwest Airlines. 2) The grass on the Capitol Mall has weeds just like my front lawn does. This makes me feel much better for some reason. I got a lot of time to evaluate the critical weed:grass ratio this weekend when I celebrated the George Washington University commencement - the only university to hold graduation on the Mall! And yes, I took a picture to prove it...but the Wi-Fi-in-the-Sky doesn't want to let me load a photo so you'll have to take my word for it. I'm sure there are more wow-inducing things but I can't think of them at the moment. Since I still have four hours and five minutes of flight time, it's safe to say I'll have a chance to add them later if I think of more.

No comments:

Post a Comment