Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Follow Up On Foliage

Remember when I planted this eggplant?


It has gone crazy with joy over the Phoenix heat!



And on a less organic but equally awesome note, I found the perfect flowers for the bookshelf! As I mentioned in my last post, I needed something stunning to serve as the decorative note that pulled the overall style together. I found cheap-looking flowers for about $40 at Wal-Mart...but I didn't want cheap-looking. Others I found were well over $100 - yikes! Instead I had a Michael's breakthrough. Their silk flowers are buy-one-get-one-free right now, so I got to splurge on the high-quality flowers and a nice vase. For a total of $35, I got this gorgeousness:


Forgive the tags still attached to the stems - I wanted to be sure they're perfect before I remove them!


Now I just have to find out how to make that fake water that goes in the bottom of the vase...

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. I love the elegant flowers with vase! And I am excited about home-grown eggplant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw one of your comments on This Messy Business and decided to come over and check out your blog. Then I was reading through some of your posts and noticed you live in Phoenix! I'm in Mesa - I love "running into" other AZ bloggers! Anyway, I'm a new follower and can't wait to see more of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what fake water is, but I have used clear glass marble like things that can easily bought at a craft store.

    ReplyDelete