Friday, March 2, 2012

Pop Goes the Keychain

I actually created something I said I would! A couple of weeks ago, I blogged about this clever use of an old cork:


And yesterday I actually had a few minutes to make one of my own. I picked this cork out of my bucket of Leftover Things Stolen from Friends and Restaurants - I don't think it actually says "SPARE" but it was close enough that I thought it made for an ironic keychain.


I screwed in a metal eyelet that was leftover from my hanging calendar project...


As an extra precaution against having my keys fall off the keychain, I then removed the eyelet, covered the tip with Gorilla Glue, and screwed it back in.


And now I have this lovely keychain! The whole thing took about a minute (ok, searching for the package of leftover metal eyelet took a little longer than that). Hopefully the addition of the cork will make it easier to search for keys that inevitably sink to the bottom of my purse.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post dear
    Good blog
    I am following your blog with GFC
    Now follow back my blog with GFC too
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete