Saturday, December 3, 2011

'Tis the Season

Christmas cheer has definitely hit my 'hood, and it's contagious. Multi-colored lights blink from rooftops, fake snowmen line doorways, and the temperatures have dropped into the 60s. This is the first Christmas in years that I have not been distracted by school and/or a new job, so I have devoted myself to spending too much money on Christmas decorations.

I'm doing very well, actually, and not being too unreasonable. Hopefully I'll have tales of an amazing Christmas Goodwill find to share soon, but for now the festivities remain outdoors.

Some genius person came up with the idea of a miniature living Christmas tree out of rosemary. For those of us who always bought living pine trees with the hopes of not watching the Christmas cheer literally die, this is genius. Rosemary actually likes Phoenix weather, so I invested $20 in this beautiful centerpiece to my outdoor welcome.


My intentions of creating a masterpiece Christmas wreath haven't played out yet, but for now I have this lovely garland wreath that I made for a grand total of $4.50 thanks to a sale at Michael's and the Dollar Tree.


Combined with a lovely garland I bought at a yard sale for $5 and some festive flowers, I think I have a rather friendly Christmas entryway!

2 comments:

  1. Your house is smiling and is so happy to be loved again~ Beautiful entry with flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Beth!! It looks so wonderful, I love the wreath and the little rosemary tree!

    love,

    Aunt Sally

    ReplyDelete