Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Best of the Old Year

It seems to be a trend among some of my favorite bloggers to celebrate the biggest project successes of the outgoing year - what a great idea! Here are my personal top five favorites, though I've enjoyed all of the projects shared on this blog - even the ones that didn't go so well.

#1: The growth ruler


This project makes me mushy, because I hope it stays meaningful even longer than paint on a wall or plants in the ground!

#2: Subway signs


I almost gave up on this numerous times, but every time I look at these expressions of my travel memories and hopes I love them even more. They're one of the few projects I've completed that I don't criticize when I look at them (perfectionist? Who's a perfectionist?!).

#3: The sealer


This project wasn't actually mine, of course - I just watched as my talented family members worked magic. But this project truly remade the exterior of my house in a way that no plants or patio could have.

#4: The stripes


No explanation needed - I love these stripes!

#5: Paper ornaments


This first Christmas in my home was wonderful and memorable, and it's the first year in a long time that allowed me to keep the Christmas spirit instead of growing stressed. I think it's because I had so much fun decorating for the holiday that I never lost sight of the reasons for the festivities! These paper ornaments were a surisingly big hit with friends, family and neighbors that stopped by.

For more of The Hits of 2011, check out these top projects from blogs I enjoy:

Rhoda's Top Projects Party

Thrifty Decor Chick

Decorating Cents

Centsational Girl

320 Sycamore

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Such fun projects! Your stripes are so neat. Congratulations on your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have listed your mosiac tile table and your blue kitchen wall - those are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete