Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Things That Cause Consternation

Tonight I came home from a long day at work to discover that my home was for rent. At least, that's how it looked when I saw this:


I immediately assumed the worst. The past tenants of my home, as far as I can tell, did not have happy relationships with those who had loaned them money. I've lost count of the number of times I've written "Please Forward" on collection letters sent to my house, and after two separate conversations with repossession truck drivers I think I finally have them convinced that I'm not their target. (The truck drivers were, for the record, very nice guys.) So I'll admit that when I first saw the sign I had no idea what was going on. In fact, I just kept driving. I needed food before I could deal with the chill down my spine I experienced at the very thought of someone else ever living in my home.

When I did get closer, I discovered it was not meant for my house...the actual home for rent is several doors down AND across the street. I understand the logic behind putting the sign on the busy cross-street rather than the cul-de-sac where no one drives, but really did you have to write the house address so small?! I think even the lovely feral cats in my neighborhood didn't notice the small print.


Note: Yes, I'm terrible at Photo Shopping but my meager skills were necessary to cover the too-much-detail on the sign.

So there you have it, my first brush with being a landlord. I'm not a fan...but I am glad we'll have a new resident on the street because that means I won't be the new kid on the block anymore!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no they didn't!! Find another corner to put your sign!! :( Sorry for the needless heart attack, and they really should spend more than .38 on a rental sign if they want it to rent quickly and look professional.

    ReplyDelete