Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Favorite Month

We've arrived at November! This is my all-time favorite month - great weather, great times with family and a great holiday atmosphere without the I-can't-believe-it's-almost-Christmas panic.

Early this summer when I was discouraged because everything seemed to be dying in my yard, my co-worker told me to aim for Halloween. No one expects things to look green in Arizona during the summer, he explained - so save your money and energy for when kids are walking around the neighborhood and everyone (including plants!) enjoys life again.

There are still countless miles to go, but I think I attained that goal! When I came home from a wonderful trip to DC this weekend (expect more pictures of fall leaves and SNOW soon!), the grass I planted only a week ago had taken on a life of its own in my front yard. I almost drove my my house because I didn't recognize it.


Not bad, considering that when I left several days ago it looked like this:


The flowers along the porch have revived, and I am proud to say I even bought candy to hand out to kids this year. (I'm the only person I know who hates Halloween...even more than I hate Valentine's Day.) My newfound enthusiasm for this horrible holiday might have something to do with this adorable fireman who showed up at my front door.


I knew I'd done okay when my noticed the lawn. "Pretty grass, and soft" - high praise from someone who had to step away from the candy to appreciate the landscaping.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite month too! And my favorite 2 yr old boy and my favorite blog and my favorite lawn too!

    ReplyDelete