Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Inspiration of Cold (i.e., When It's Too Cold To Do Anything But Crafts)

In my newfound and accidental trend of going to places where it's snowing on the weekends (cheers for Snowtober!), I'm spending time at my parents' house in Payson. I've mentioned how inspired I am when I'm here...but this time it's far too cold to watch plants grow. With an entire relaxing day ahead, I tackled another Pinterest Challenge project.


I'm one of those people who loves Thanksgiving and resents the world's tendency to skip from Halloween to Christmas...but today I temporarily became one of them when I saw this idea for Christmas ornaments.


I didn't pin it directly, but found it through a pin that led to this page full of great ideas. To accomplish the project, I was forced to break yet another principle...I went to Wal-Mart. It's what you do in Payson when you need anything other than gas or groceries.

The project was fun and only took a couple of hours - and I can't wait to see them on my first Christmas tree!


Mine look less sophisticated than the original, but they're fun anyway. My parents have quite a stash of art equipment, so I got to add details like crimped cardstock. The staples were a necessity because Wal-Mart didn't have the right size eyelets - if I ever make larger ones, I'd opt for the eyelets since it makes them more streamlined. These are pretty small - the longest paper was 5".


This blog will now revert to its previously scheduled programming by hiding all reminders of Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, cute idea! And I have lots of card stock I could use. Nice! :)

    PS Your pup is a qt too!

    ReplyDelete