Monday, November 14, 2011

Baby's First Haircut: Success!

Who would have thought that it could be so complicated to learn what everyone else in the world already knows? Thanks to the patience, advice and comfort from friends and co-workers, I am much more educated about lawn maintenance than I was last week.

Last week, I had a half-finished yard that seemed hopeless.


And now, several days, lots of help, and two lawnmower wrestling matches later, I have this:


The checkerboard pattern makes me want to get giant chess pieces. I resisted the urge.

I'm not thrilled about the every-two-weeks repetition of this whole lawnmowing thing, but I'll worry about that when the grass starts to take over the neighborhood again. Until then, I'll check out others' lawns while I ride this wonderful bike my friend gave me!


I added this bell...for some reason, having a bell to ring makes me feel like a carefree 10-year-old rather than a clumsy homeowner trying to remember how to balance on two wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment