Wednesday, October 26, 2011

No More Water Fireworks

You know how everything seems more exciting when you're a kid? Christmas comes without the burden of holiday shopping crowds, the end of the school day didn't mean an immediate start to dinner preparation, and vacation didn't mean counting how many PTO hours your employer had granted you. Yesterday I had childlike excitement...over water faucets.

There are three faucets on the outside of my house, and each is very important to my ongoing effort to keep something alive for more than a week. Yet all of them were very old and leaked like Old Faithful. Every time I turned on a faucet I'd have to do a not-very-grateful leap backwards in order to avoid the fountain that spouted from the faucet.

I mentioned in my last post that I'm learning when DIY is D-U-M-B. I finally decided the faucets were just such an example. I wouldn't know how to even begin to replace a faucet, and while I'm sure my dad could do it I didn't want to have him come visit just to work the whole time (also, I have a whole list of other things I need him to do ;). So I found a great plumber and all three faucets were replaced in half an hour.


I think the red handles are a nice touch with the brick house, though I doubt the plumber considered such things.

I haven't been this excited about a faucet since I got my beautiful fish Faucet for Christmas.

AND *drumroll please* there are tiny little blades of grass starting to grow in my yard! You can't see them unless you are very close (yes, I am the girl crouching on the sidewalk to gaze intently at dirt) but they are undeniably sprouting to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment