Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Survivors

It is ridiculously hot and we're all living in an oven these days, so I'm always thrilled when some sort of life manages to survive the uninhabitable awfulness of Phoenix summers. The sunflowers are very, very thirsty but look at how completely beautiful they are! I only planted them about two months ago - if I could have grown that fast, I'd be Normal People Height by now.

Many more updates to come because I am now making real (if slow) progress on the house - the thesis was submitted this weekend! No celebrating is allowed yet because I do not yet have a grade and because I'm now buried in six weeks of the real, true final class of my program...but still, I am happy and I am sharing my happiness with my patient, longsuffering home and its projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment