Saturday, June 4, 2011

Service with a Smile

Last week, I found the one thing that may make me want to be in my dining room enough to actually cook. I just want to stand next to this table and hand out lace napkins and fancy hor d'oeuvres. It took two trips to IKEA and lots of patience to bring something this perfect into my home - the first trip, they were out of the table and weren't sure when it would arrive. Several weeks and a generous graduation contribution later (thank you!!!), I was able to afford both the table and the gas to get all the way to and from IKEA (I'm being melodramatic but you should have known that when I talked about handing out lace napkins).

The table started out looking like this...

...and two hours and LOTS of confusion later, it became this. Isn't it perfect? Once the paint on the wall is one color and not The Darkest Green Paint Ever, it'll be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment