Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Kids Are All Right

In order to avoid homework a little longer (and to further amuse Sarah! ;), here are some pictures of the amazing progress of the little guys I talked about in an earlier post about my baby plants. Aren't they gorgeous?
I still have a hard time believing that anything could survive in such horribly hot weather (my tomato plant, for example, looks like he's been through The Amazing Race...and lost), but so far they're still hanging in there.

The bougainvillea looks pretty too. It had frozen before I bought the house, but after a lot of tough love with the pruning shears it appears to be very happy with life on the edge of The Unfinished Garden. Of course, I'm using the term "garden" very loosely...my yard continues to be barren but increasingly hopeful.
I'll just have to keep thinking about my options and planning what to tackle first.

(Yes, of COURSE that was just a shameless opportunity to show off the cutest baby in the world. I also wanted to illustrate that I still recognize the difference between kids and plants...!)

1 comment:

  1. the proud Grandma of Most Adorable ChildJune 7, 2011 at 6:02 PM

    I have thus far resisted posting comments, but can no longer refrain since you posted the picture of the Most Adorable and Wonderful Boy in the World!! Thank you for your blog and congratulations on the great progress in all aspects of home ownership!

    ReplyDelete