Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bringing Italia Home

It's been an entire year since I got home from Italy (LOTS more on that trip here, for those of you who didn't already read my travel writings), and I've been missing it. Since I haven't had much time to work on the house and don't have updates to share (did I mention I can't WAIT to be done with school?), I thought I'd try to distract/amuse you with these comparisons instead.

For example, I met this lovely lion in Verona...and he reminds me of this crazy feline of my own.

And while there are lovely wall cracks in Italy, my own walls do a pretty good job of living up to those of the ancient world.

Seriously, though, it is amazing how many things I found in common when I started looking for them, and not just the McDonalds that seem to be on every street in the world. Pigeons, of course, are everywhere...though they were certainly more celebrated in Venice than they are here.
And it seems that geraniums manage to get in a lot of travel across the globe.

Is it possible that Lantana does, too?

It seems people find a way to pay tribute to things we care about that have died, though Italy's monuments are certainly more noble and justified than the popsicle stick I have to mark the place where my poor tomato plant gave up on life.

Maybe we don't write our hopes and dreams out as clearly as the visitors to Juliette's house do, but we do all find ways to express our pursuit of the possibilities that every day holds no matter where we are...like these paint swatches that express how much I can't wait to get to work on my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment